Director of Marketing & Corporate Relations
University of Minnesota Duluth Athletics
Summer in Duluth is not only the best time of the year in Northern Minnesota but I would place it up against any other place in the US. We get to enjoy fantastic weather, outdoor living, the world's largest air conditioner (Lake Superior), and numerous festivals and events. Having lived through 3 Duluth summers I have tried to take advantage of everything it has to offer. However, when the Days of August hit and summer rolls into fall, we need a reminder that the weather is still good and the summer fun doesn't have to end.
In the fall, FUSE has some great events to connect young professionals in Duluth. As we continue to grow our presence in the community, it is important to experience everything Duluth has to offer even outside our small gatherings. So I wanted to list off top 5 great fall fun events to take part of. None of these are secret but thought they would be fun to grab some fellow friends and FUSE connections. So without further ado, here we go!
1. Applefest: Head over to Bayfield for Applefest and experience Fall in all it's glory! Oct. 3-5
2. UMD Football Game: Tailgating, fall weather, beer? You get it all at a Bulldog Football game with new tailgating and hospitality located in the south end zone. Football is made for the fall and for just $10 you can enjoy the game and have access to great beer, Green Mill Pizza, Cold Stone Ice Cream, and Famous Dave's!
3. Comedy Show at the Zeitgeist (Renegade Improv): Every Friday and Saturday nights at 10:30pm grab some friends and go catch the stand up comedy show at the Zeitgeist. Get the best of the old "whose line is it anyways?" show right here in Duluth.
4. Malt Shoppe: Lake Superior, Ice Cream? Enough Said.
5. Disc Golf: Get outside and enjoy the great disc golf courses around Duluth which include UMD, St. Scholastica, Lake Superior College, and the new Spirit Mountain Course!