9/11/2014

Finding Ways to Advance Your Career

Kristine Jensen
Executive Administrative Assistant
Merchandising 
maurices


As a woman that has a family, full-time career, and as new grad student at St. Scholastica, I can tell you first hand that my life is busy! I know that there are many people out there that are looking to move forward in your careers and it might not seem like it, but there are many options right here in Duluth.


I made the decision to go back to school because I knew that I could do more and BE more. I realized that, I am the only one that can make the difference in my life, and I decided to do something about it. Having a family, juggling extracurriculars, school and a social life is not going to be easy over the next two years, but the best part is that I can already notice the workings of my brain being retrained and getting back into the mode of writing papers and adhering to deadlines. Not to mention I have already seen my family taking on more responsibility; which is another great perk!  The point is that you need to put yourself out there in order to reap any reward. Without taking even the minimal risk of stepping outside of your comfort zone, how can one ever excel?


One outlet that can be used to enhance your abilities is the Duluth Chamber of Commerce. An opportunity that I personally grew from was the, “Social Media Conference,” that I attended in 2012, held by the Duluth Chamber of Commerce. It gave me expertise in digital networking, social media and a variety of technological ideals. 


Another organization related to the chamber, working to offer young, motivated individuals the opportunity to network and acquire knowledge is the Fuse program. An upcoming opportunity that I feel can be even more rewarding for thriving adults is the, “YPRO to CEO Conference,” on September 25. With such an encouraging atmosphere, engaging speakers and content, I have no doubt that anyone who attends will walk away inspired. 


Going back to school is great, but requires a lot of money and time. Why not be open to new opportunities and check out a Fuse at Five, get on linkedin and join some local business groups that interest you, or visit a Words from the Wise Luncheon, offered by Fuse (this one looks good titled, "Road map to being your own boss!")


I am so excited to be a part of Fuse as it is a new opportunity for me and I look forward to networking with individuals, sharing my story, and being inspired by all of you. 

1 comment:

  1. the informtion of Finding Ways to Advance Your Career it is very useful information regards sarkari naukri

    ReplyDelete