Job Seekers can connect with employers at the 5th Annual Northland Job Fair on Wednesday, May 7. The event is one of the largest in northern Minnesota. Job fair organizers expect about 1,000 attendees at the event. More than 80 employers from northern Minnesota and northwest Wisconsin will speak with job seekers about current and future job vacancies.
The job fair offers job seekers the chance to link up with businesses that are seeking to hire workers for entry-level to professional jobs. Job openings are in an array of fields including IT, engineering, hospitality, health care, finance, utilities, mining, government, transportation and manufacturing. There will be several representatives from different building trades in attendance and Mesabi Range College is bringing welding and heavy equipment simulators!
Representatives from Lake Superior College and Duluth Business University will be available to talk with attendees about training and education options. In addition, job seekers can practice interviewing with employers and have career experts critique their resume in a resource area.
Stop by the MinnesotaWorks.net booth to tell us about your experience using our job bank.
The job fair will be open exclusively to veterans, students and interns from 10 to 11 a.m. and to all job seekers from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
It will be held at the DECC Paulucci Hall, 350 Harbor Drive, Duluth. Parking is free, thanks to our Platinum Sponsor NORTHFORCE.
Here are our tips for gearing up for the job fair as listed on our complete Job Fair website http://mn.gov/deed/events/NJF14/index.jsp
· Be ready to briefly tell employers the benefits of hiring you. You could even be interviewed on the spot.
· Attend a workshop about making the most of the job fair. Go to http://mn.gov/deed/events/NJF14/index.jsp and select “Pre-Fair Workshops” to register for a workshop – schedule follows (all workshops are held at the Minnesota WorkForce Center – Duluth located at 402 West First Street and Free)
Wednesday, April 23rd at 9:00 - 10:30 a.m.
Thursday, May 1st at 9:00 - 10:30 am
Monday, May 5th (only for Veterans) at 9:00 - 10:30 a.m.
Tuesday, May 6th at 2:30 - 4:00 p.m.
· Look at our list of employers attending. Plan to visit the booths of employers that you wish to work for.
· Post your resume on MinnesotaWorks.net.
· Check out our list of job fair prep recommendations at http://mn.gov/deed/events/NJF14/index.jsp
For more information, email Rhonda Rutford at firstname.lastname@example.org, business services specialist at the WorkForce Center in Duluth, or call 218-302-8406
DEED, a WorkForce Center partner, is organizing the event.